Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Kevin Spacey? Huh?

OK, I know sometimes I am really really slow catching up with all the supposedly goodies in the music scene. Case in point, this duo of Broken Bells self titled album which got great review by wwadh is seriously tickling my "music bone" now. Ah, how can I miss out on something so awesome? I guess I am blinded by some artist that I most probably don't listen to that much these days :(

Back to the goodies.

Broken Bells - The High Road


How can I not love something like this? It's so melodic (beats) and seductive (vocals), slowly creeping from your subconscious to your conscious state, slowly taking you into a state of high. Does any of that make any sense at all? ;) This song puts me in a very laid back state which I truly adore, I guess I should put more attention to it's lyrics. Hmm...

psst: Issit me or is that vocalist looks like Kevin Spacey?

Broken Bells - The Ghost Inside

Broken Bells - The Ghost Inside from Southbank Centre on Vimeo.



Hm, I remember watching this few months ago and I don't remember it sticking to my head as much as it does now. Of course the sexy Christina Hendricks (I love Mad Men) is the reason why I watched this video at the 1st place and I guess the timing is not right then so yeah, I am glad I finally know how to appreciate this song ;) I think two songs in a row means I have to give their debut album a spin. I am expecting goodies in it. This song is definitely a grower!

-----

On a side note, while I was blog hopping few days ago, I come across this particular song, Coquet Coquette by of Montreal. Came highly recommended by that blog. I forgot the name. haha, Sorry.



What's with the video? Crazy bloody gore version of MGMT's Electric Feel? Haha.



----------------
Now playing: Broken Bells - The High Road
via FoxyTunes

0 comments: